Friday, February 28, 2014

Journeys can lead us right into our blessings!!


Hey folks,
Hope all is well with you. As for me I’m still moving in the right direction. I haven’t given up on my declaration. I AM COMMITTED TO LIVE!!! How about you? I hope you are. I mean none of us have a monopoly on hard times. When I tell you so many people are dealing with calamities… it’s just incredible. I’ve had more than a few people reach out to me through text, FB inbox, calls, etc. to share their experience. The only thing I can do is listen and testify that WE CAN, WE WILL and WE MUST GO ON.  I know it’s easier said than done, you know I know, but it is attainable. As my Pastor Dean Brown stated, “Either don’t fight and stay in the wilderness or FACE YOUR GIANTS IN THE PROMISE LAND”.  
SMH ... MAN UP!


FIND THE DAVID IN YOU AND DEFEAT YOUR GOLIATH!!


You choose. What will it be? Staying committed to anything worthwhile is a fight but God has already equipped us with everything we need to FIGHT!!!! Don’t base your daily journey on how you feel. Feelings are forever fleeting and fickle. You have to make a decision, a commitment, a declaration, a determination to go on. From the moment you make up your mind, you’ve already won because you generally act out or live out what you have already decided in your mind.


You can’t do this journey alone, we all need each other. But choose wisely who you want in your inner circle. Keep folk around that truly build you up; not the ones that will suck every bit of life you got left in you. I mean, real talk. I have met a few people that had the same name in common, what a coincidence, golly, wow! You want to know their name? LEECH. YEAH BOY…A BLOOD SUCKING, FLESH EATING KINDA’ WORMY SO CALLED FRIEND!!! Ok their name may not be Leech, I’m being harsh, right? Ok well maybe their known as PARASITE, TICK, MOSQUITO, BLOODSUCKER…just sayin’ (hahaha)

Remember some people love you as long as you’re down, but when you start rising like the “cream that always rises to the top”, folk ain’t always happy for you. Man please, I just ain’t about it. Here I’m trying to pull myself up while you’re trying to keep me comfortable in misery. Misery ain’t cute, and neither is it fashionable in my world. I don’t think it even comes in my size, BUT what does come in my size is “THAT GARMENT OF PRAISE” (Isaiah 61:3).



Ok, now that I’ve got that out, I can exhale (hahaha). I’m just giving someone that RED ALERT! I know I’m a extra, but hey forewarned is forearmed! (W.O.W.W.)


So I hope everyone’s holiday season went well. The holiday season seems so long ago. Time doesn’t wait. Here it comes, there it goes! Mine was nothing special, uneventful and that’s ok, I am just grateful that emotionally I am in a better place than I was during 2012’s holidays. So does that say I’m healing? You better believe it! I am, however, still trying to figure out me because I recognize that a tragedy can change one forever. You see and feel differently about a lot of things. Sometimes it even surprises you how you’ve changed but you know what? IT’S OK!!!
Anyway, enough of this serious talk, let’s talk trash, yeah TRASH!!! A little harmless trash don’t hurt nobody, especially since it’s my trash. (yes, incorrect English, I know, Lol).

My ‘fro is getting bigger. I’m so proud of that, I feel like it is a plant that I am nurturing. You know, watering it, cut of the dead leaves/ends. HAHAHA. 


IN THE BEGINNING ... 


THE BLOW OUT ... 

SHAMELESS PLUG ... :)

AVAILABLE ON iTunes, Amazonmp3, CD Baby  ;)


Anyway, some folk still have a problem with my natural walk, BUT say this with me “SHE’S HAPPY BEING NAPPY”. Let that marinate, meditate on that and you’ll be fine! (singing) I AM NOT MY HAIR (India Arie). 



It’s all good. I also promised you some details about the room search for Heather’s last year of undergraduate school. If you refer back to the last blog, that will catch you up. Well baby, what an experience; the way people live behind closed doors... I think I may have shared some of this with you already, but anyway, the first house I inquired about a room for Heather was filled literally with about 10 three feet antique looking, Scarlet O’Hare dressing, and 20 year old looking porcelain dolls. Everywhere I went in that house their eyes followed me, for real. The owner showed me the room and stated “this is my parents’ room; no one has been in here since they died.” And to that I said in my head, “well Heather will not be the first, no sah, not my baby”. Not to mention that she had a cat, a dog, a bird and the house smelled like a zoo. Did I mention the secret bedroom hidden off in the basement? I lie not!!! This was how I would describe it…SCARY MOVIE 10, STARRING MARLON WAYANS AND B RENEE. WE WOULD BE THE ONLY SURVIVORS. I CAN’T SPEAK FOR THE OWNER OR HER FRIENDS/THE DOLLS. (BLANK STARE MOMENT)



Lol! After that ordeal I finally found the right room for my baby, so I thought. It was a beautiful home with a wonderful owner, a very sweet and endearing woman. Well, 3 days after Heather moved in, Heather called me and mentioned there were spiders in her room, and they were JUMPING SPIDERS!!!! EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE but WHAT THE HECK???? Well long story short I went to her room, I saw 5 in 20 minutes,HOPPING, FLYING, JUMPING, SHOUTING, DOING THE HUCK-A-BUCK, THE MOON WALK, BREAKDANCING, THE DOUGEY, WHAT ELSE? NAME SOMETHING!!!! I am still traumatized, I thought I was okay but now that I am talking about it again I will need therapy all over again. Send help Lord, this is a case of PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder). DONE!!! Needless to say we high tailed it out of there. Packed both cars and got to steppin’. I mean there had to be more; those were just the ones we saw. There was no need to wait for the entire congregation of spiders to start church service. I mean…REALLY! 






AIN’T, I MEAN, AIN’T NOBODY, SOMEBODY, ANYBODY GOT NO TIME FOR THAT!!!






GOOD GOD FROM GLORY!!! Well back on the ranch, we found her a wonderful room paying even less than before. So we went from the college room and board of $11,200 to $7,200 at the SPIDER HOUSE (hahahaha) to now $4,600 in a very comfortable environment. Let’s do the math I saved $6,600!!! 


So the moral of this story/adventure is, Inconvenience and unpredictable journeys can lead us right into our BLESSINGS!!!!


UNTIL NEXT TIME…WHEN LIFE HANDS YOU LEMONS, USE THE FRESH LEMON JUICE IN YOUR GLASS OF WATER AND DRINK UP, IT WILL DO YOU GOOD!!! 




BE WELL and GOD BLESS YOU!! 
~ B. Renee ~

3 comments:

  1. This was great!!! This was such a good read!! You always share such great stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so great!!! Always a good read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it as usually. I look forward to B.Renee's stories.

    ReplyDelete