Thursday, August 8, 2013

DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!


Hi my friends,

It’s been a long few months and I’ve thought of you guys a lot. There is so much I want to share with you but I really can’t tell it all. I will just highlight a few things.

First, I am becoming an expert at picking up quickly when someone is trying to take advantage of me,     “the emotional widow”, so they think.  MAN, PLEASE … I can smell you a mile away…SNIFF, SNIFF, HERE COMES ANOTHER ONE … (SANGIN’) ANOTHER BITES THE DUST!!!!! Don’t get me wrong, I am not the angry, emotional, I can’t think, I’m so confused WIDOW…I just have come up against some DUDES that think I will accept anything where business dealings are concerned, but I’m NOT that one. You’ve confused me with the one that still doesn’t know how to write a check. She’s one town over buddy! People, surround yourself with people that love you and will help you when you don’t know. I have a wonderful father and pastor that are quite influential in my life, two wonderful men that help me so much. NO MAN IS AN ISLAND!

I had something that needed to be fixed in the house and the person didn’t complete the job and I guess he thought he could take advantage and make me wait until Christmas comes or when Jesus comes or when HE CHOOSES to come to finish the job. NOPE! WRONG SCENE, WRONG PLAY!!!! My daughter watched as I handled my business and still I came out smelling like roses. Since I could never catch up with him I gave his son the message to thank him for what he did, I left a check for the half he did do and I told his son that I’d get someone else to finish his father’s work and that is exactly what I did. By the way, he was in his house the whole time I was talking to his son but he didn’t know I knew he was there, so when I relayed my message I turned on my internal microphone so that his whole house could hear me (hahaha). The sad thing is that he just lost some referrals. In the words of Sanford from (Red Foxx’s SANFORD AND SON) BIG DUMMY!!!!
 

Life is so very challenging when you go from being able to support your spouse as head of household to being head of household. Every step I make I must consider so much. What makes it all doable is because I was a part of the process from the beginning of the marriage. I’m not just talking financially, but in all areas. Having a plan is a necessity; it might change along the way, but start with something. Learn to budget your money and be disciplined early in life, even before getting married. I give thanks to my mom for teaching me that.

For example, when I shop, I know how to shop and I know when to quit. I’m always looking down the road… my retirement, Heather’s wedding, travelling in ministry and continuing to pay on my LIFE INSURANCE (I had to put that plug in).

Once again, I have to speak on this LIFE INSURANCE thing, YES, I’M GONNA PLAY THAT TUNE AGAIN. People are still making excuses to me as to why they can’t afford it. In my mind I want to say, tell that to your loved ones that you will leave behind. Go ahead and let them know that they will have to go through an embarrassing ordeal of calling Ray-Ray, Ant Bee, Uncle Roscoe or Pookie and Nem for money. Also remind your fam to ask their Pastor “GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME AND ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD” to raise a “love offering” this coming Sunday before you meet with the funeral director. Oh yes and remind your loved ones that when they get to the funeral home they will have to engage in an embarrassing dialogue of “I’m still getting the money together” and then your dearest loved ones will be told nothing will be done until they get the money to the funeral home. Oh yeah, and your grieving loved ones will have to call the rest of the family and tell them the funeral will be in three weeks maybe. I know I kind of painted a comical and exaggerated picture, but how do you think they come up with great TV shows? FOLKS IT’S ART IMITATING LIFE, THIS IS REAL STUFF (give me a moment I’m hysterically laughing as I write this, this has been in somebody’s movie or sitcom, so sad). Bottom line, as my grandmother use to say “PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT TO DO”. FOLKS WAKE UP AND DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!

Ok, I have gathered myself. I can be so passionate sometimes; hey it’s the way I’m made, no apologies. On another note, from the last blog, remember the timeshare saga? Lol. Well, the conclusion to the whole matter is that I still have the timeshare that Heather and I are enjoying. It all worked out.  Emm and I sacrificed a lot along the way to keep it but it was so worth it. I couldn’t even really get upset with him, my husband barely bought anything for himself; he called himself a renaissance man. I called him Fred Flintstone (hahaha). I mean he never used his cell phone and periodically he lost it. So funny …

Brothers and sisters I am still adjusting to going from wife and mother to being a mom only. I loved being both. Someone told me that I am a person before being a wife or a mom. I know and understand that, but I loved being a wife and enjoyed that role and I miss it.

BUT STILL I RISE.

Be blessed!
B. Renee

6 comments:

  1. Great advice, so empowering. It is very important that we are prepared to handle our business yet thoughtful/considerate enough to leave our loved ones without having to figure out how to take care of our final expenses when we are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if Belinda reads these comments? I left a comment to the 21 May blog, that I thought would have brought about a question(s), but there were/are none. Still all I can say is wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I still say wow myself. Wow to the fact that this wonderful, loving man is no longer here. I miss him dearly and if you have that type of love, treasure that person because we just don't know when. NOW WHO IS THIS???? (lol)

      Delete
    2. Now, how do I do this without telling the world. Hmm, I'll give you my initials, "DLW", and I'll tell you that I still live at the same address and have the same telephone number.

      Delete
    3. David, I knew it was you. Wow, long time. I don't remember any of your particulars but feel free to be in touch on Facebook (inbox) or you can be touch via email, eyesing2000@yahoo.com. Take care, be well

      Delete